Live in the Spirit
I want to share with you something that happened to me last week. As I was sitting in my office studying and praying, I experienced this awful pain throughout my entire body. This pain radiated down my neck into my left shoulder followed by a swelling tongue, tingling sensations all over, dizziness, and disorientation. Davi called the VA (Veterans Affairs) for me and after describing my symptoms, they told me to immediately go to the hospital. On our way there, I began to blackout, sweat profusely, and was overwhelmed with the feeling that I was dying. An ambulance met us on our way to the hospital. After the ambulance ride, and time in the ER where I had four EKGs, three CT scans, a chest X-ray, and multiple blood pulls, I was eventually sent home with an extreme case of vertigo.
Little did I know that vertigo is nothing to mess with. It can give your body the impression that it is having a stroke or the feeling of dying.
The next day while I was studying at home, the Lord took me to this scripture:
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:25 (NKJV)
The word live here in the Greek is zaó. This word means to Live, be alive, quick, and lively. The Webster’s Dictionary defines living as the quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body. I saw a vision of the Church sitting in service, with each person on a ventilator. The Lord said to me, “My Church is not living-they are only surviving.” We were not meant to just survive in life, but we are designed to live life to the fullest and live in abundance.
Just surviving is not the way our Lord and Savior intended on us to live out our lives. His intentions are for you to be alive, full of vigor, holding on to the substance and evidence of life which is the major element of Christian Faith. To be quick means that we are to search out the scripture and learn diligently in a manner that makes haste. It should not take a believer forty years of his or her life to find out how to Live in Christ. He wants you to live Now, live Full, live Hungry, live in Abundance, live in Prosperity, live in Intimacy, live in Health, and live in the Joy of the Lord.
This leads us to a defined reality:
If we, the Body of Christ, are not vigorously holding on to the substance and evidence of our Faith and declaring and walking in the abundance of the kingdom here on earth, all the while experiencing personal and corporate revival, quickly searching out the scriptures in order to understand the Mysteries of God, and effecting change in our communities to produce a mighty harvest, then we are not living at all but are truly walking dead.
I am writing this message to you in order to spark your Spirit man to have a face to face evaluation of your life and ask yourself this:
Am I living fully, embracing each day with gladness and joy, knowing that I am right in the middle of God's will for my life?
And if the answer to that question is no,
Am I just surviving this life, barely getting by?
When you choose to Live in Christ (in the Spirit) you begin to reap the benefits as an heir to the throne.
- You receive the Knowledge of Power. Knowing who Jesus is not because someone spoke of Him to you, but due to a personal experience.
- It boosts your Faith. You begin to have a new measure of Faith in areas where your faith was lacking.
- You have the Hope of the resurrection, understanding that He is coming back for the Church on that glorious day. I have to clarify here that this does not mean that the Church is okay to sit around waiting on the resurrection, but must continue in the Father's business being ready for the day that He calls.
- You have been given legal access to open doors and walk through doors that were once restricted areas.
- You have been given the Demonstration of Divine Power. The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead is now the same Spirit that is living on the inside of you. This means you have the ability to decree, declare, and call those things that aren’t as though they are.
- When you live in the Spirit wherever you go, you have the ability to change someone’s life. When living full of vigor, the very atmosphere that you around you will shift when you walk into a room. You are a carrier of Christ Jesus.
So today, choose to live Full and Stay Hungry!
May God bless you and keep you as we continue to pray for you and see the benefits of God poured out for you and your family.